Welcome to our brand new website which is aimed at helping you find the best carry on luggage for 2014. Whether you travel for business or pleasure, you need a carry-on that is durable, offers substantial room on the inside (and outside), and is easy to move or carry around. The thought behind this website is to provide you with the top pieces of carry-on luggage that are available now and fully approved by all airlines. This way you don’t need to spend time researching since it is all in one central location. We also realize that both men and women have different needs so we have tried our best to note this in all of our reviews. We know how important reviews are when deciding on products, so we have done our best to provide you as much information as possible on all aspects of the luggage. Interested in looking at what we feel are is the best carry on luggage right now? See the table below.
|Delsey Helium Aero|
|TravelPro Maxlite 2|
|High Sierra Evolution|
|Samsonite Winfield 2
|Buy at Amazon|
|Wheels||Multi-Directional||Multi-directional Twin spinner||Inline skate style||Inline skate style||Multi-directional|
|Handle||Push button telescopic||One button locking||Telescoping||Lightweight aluminum||Retractable|
|Feature #1||Numerous pockets||Fully lined interior||Water repellent||Foot Handle||Fully lined interior|
|Feature #2||Criss cross straps to secure garmets||3-dial TSA lock||Ergonomic zippers||Hide-Away ID tag||TSA combination lock|
Summaries of our Carry On Luggage Reviews
Want a brief overview of what we feel are the best carry on luggage pieces for the 2014 travel year? Below we provide a quick overview of our top 10.
Tumi Alpha International – Although slightly more expensive than the average carry-on, there is simply no other one like the Alpha International in the market. Being built with ballistic nylon allows for the carry-on to retain its shape and structure for many years to come. In fact, it is quite unlikely that you’ll ever need to purchase another carry-on ever again. With advanced features like a removable garment sleeve, telescoping handle, quick access external pockets, and easy U-Zip pockets, you’ll quickly fall for this one. Read our Review.
TravelPro Maxlite 2 – If you like to travel light, then the Maxlite 2 might be the carry-on for you. Weighing at a light 6.9 pounds, you’ll have no trouble moving around from terminal to terminal with this piece. Despite its lightweight, it still features ample room to fit all of the things you’ll need beside you on your trip. With an interior that can be expanded an additional 1.5 inches, you’ll have no trouble fitting those extra items you pick up on your trip as well. Made from synthetic polymer fabric, you can expect this carry-on to last many years. Read our Review.
TravelPro Crew 9 – The Crew series is one of the most popular of all time, and the Crew 9 is no different. Many travellers and travel crew personnel make use of the Crew 9 in their daily travels due to its great durability. Some of its greatest features include a suit system to keep your clothes wrinkle free, advanced framing system to take on more weight, a 2.5 inch expandable interior to fit even more items, and a powerscope handle that adjusts to the height of the person using it. Read our Review.
Samsonite Winfield 2 – One of the lighter carry-on’s that we review on this page, the Samsonite Winfield 2 features a nice combination of small size, efficiency and durability. The Winfield 2 is also great for business people as it features a design that screams success. Featuring a fully lined interior to keep your belongings secure from movement, and a TSA approved safety lock, you’ll be excited to pack this carry-on for your trips. One other great feature the Winfield 2 offers is the full 360 degree rotating wheels to allow for easier movement. Read our Review.
Samsonite Lift – The Samsonite brand is one of the best in the luggage business, and the Lift series is no different. Featuring an advanced construction, the exterior is protected from any weather elements that you may encounter in your trips. Snow or rain is no issue as your contents will remain as dry as you put them in. With a fully lined interior, integrated side and top handles for ease of use, and front pockets for quick storage, we feel that you’ll really enjoy all that the Samsonite Lift has to offer. Read our Review.
Samsonite Dkx – For business travellers, there may be no better choice than the Samsonite Dkx series. With a sturdy exterior, and a large interior, there is much to like about this carry-on approved piece of luggage. One of the more advanced features that have been added to the Dkx is the self-mending zippers. If you’ve ever travelled before, you’ve probably encountered broken zippers before while trying to close your bag. The repairs when this happens are not cheap! Do yourself a favor and make travel easier with the Dkx. Read our Review.
Samsonite Aspire Sport – If you like to travel light, then you may want to look closely at the Aspire Sport series made by Samsonite. Although a little bit smaller in overall size, there is still plenty of room to fit all of the items you’ll need on a plane with you. With self-mending zippers that fix any jams you can feel confident that you’ll be able to use this carry-on for many years. Another great feature included in the Aspire Sport is its mobility as it has four 360 degree rotating wheels to make carrying easy. Read our Review.
High Sierra Evolution – The lightest carry-on we review in our list, the High Sierra Evolution weighs in at less than 6 pounds! Despite its lightweight construction, there is still a crazy amount of packing room for anything you’ll need to take with you on whatever trip you are going on. One of the more noticeable items you’ll experience right away is the quality construction. Sierra, who specialize in outdoor gear, have created a carry-on that can withstand any dangerous elements you may encounter (mostly rain, and snow). With several easy to reach storage compartments, you’ll be organized in no time. Read our Review.
Delsey Helium Shadow – One of the more inexpensive carry-on’s on our list, there is still quite a bit to like about the Helium Shadow made by Delsey. For its price, there are many advanced features included such as the 360 degree rotational wheel system, TSA-approved combination lock, and full interior lining for better protection. However, what many really like is all of the different compartments included. With more packing compartments, many people find that packing and organizing your belongings is a much easier process. Read our Review.
Delsey Helium Aero – Although there are no storage compartments on the exterior of this carry on, there is still much to like for packing options. With mesh pockets and protective straps, you’ll be able to ensure that your clothes and important belongings are securely stored throughout your travel. With a nice glossy finish, the Delsey Helium Aero is a slick looking carry-on that is sure to get you noticed. With many different colors, you’ll without a doubt find one that fits your personality. Read our Review.
What to look for when purchasing carry-on luggage
When looking for a brand new piece of luggage, there are several questions you need to ask before a purchase. Our carry on luggage reviews have done their best to include all of the following information:
- Will the size of the carry-on meet airline requirements?
- Can I move this carry-on easily with lots of items?
- Does it include quick access storage for items like passports and tickets
- How much space is on the inside?
- How durable is the bag made?
- Is the carry on better for men or women?
- Is it good for business travel?
- Is it water resistant? Can dirt be cleaned easily?
- Does it include self-mending zippers?
- Can the wheels move in multiple directions with ease?
- How much do I want to pay for a carry-on?
Dimensions For Carry On Luggage
Carry-on luggage is an essential part of travelling. Most airline companies have specific dimensions for carry-on luggage. Hence it is necessary to buy the carry-on luggage carefully if you want to avoid trouble during air-travel. Picking the right carry-on bag is not as simple as you think. If you have the right sized hand luggage you may not have to go through the security check. According to the purpose of the travel, the contents in the carry-on bag will be different, making it even more complicated to select the right bag.
Most airline companies have the dimensions for the carry-on limited to 22 inches in length, 14 inches in width and 9 inches in height. However, some air buses have more generous rules for the cabin bags. Carry-on bags should contain only necessary items so that you will be able to move it easily. If you do not get the right sized bags, then it will not sit properly in the luggage space provided on board. Here are some other things to note:
- When you are buying the best carry on luggage available make sure that the dimensions are within the limit of the airline company you are planning to travel with
- Check whether the dimensions provided by the travel bag company is inclusive of the external protrusions like handle, wheels or if it is of only the compartment of the bag
- You can also use expandable and compressive bags as carry-on bags so that you can adjust the size. The bags with zippers around them allow you to add or reduce a few more inches in depth.
Regulations For Carry-Ons
Most people love to travel. But, there are many who are not aware of the regulations involved with the carry-on luggage. This can lead to stress, embarrassment, and a waste of time should you not comply and hence why we created this carry on luggage reviews website. To make travelling easier it is necessary to know the rules and regulations for carrying bags in airline companies and planning to pack the luggage accordingly. When you are travelling with children or with pets, your carry-on needs will change. When you have a medical equipment or musical instrument to carry the regulations will be different. So, before you pack your bags go through the regulation for carry-on suggested by the airline company or by the government.
- Check-In Bags And Personal Items – Usually, airline companies will allow a check-in bag or carry-on along with a personal item. Things which are included in the personal item list include laptops, musical instruments, briefcases, and handbags. Most airline companies will let you to carry your jacket, pillow, and blanket as well. Unusually the personal item should be below 36” in overall dimension.
- The Size Of The Carry-On Bag – The carry-on bag that you have should fit comfortably into the sizer and the overall dimension should not exceed 45 inches. The length should not exceed 22” and width should not exceed 14”. The maximum height of the bag should be 9”. The carry–on should be within the weight limit suggested by the airline company. Horizontal rolling bags and hanging garment bags will also be considered as the carry-on bag and should fit comfortably in the size. If the weight of the carry-on bags exceeds the limit you will have to pay excess baggage fees.
- Regulations For Packing – When travelling by air, you can put limited quantities of aerosols, liquids and gels in your carry-on bags. You can carry spare batteries with the original retail packing in carry-on baggage. With the new TSA rule you will be allowed to carry duty free liquids in carry-on baggage if packed properly. There is a restriction on carrying animal products, dry ice, cutting instruments, gasoline powered tools, lighters/matches, pressurized containers, firearms/ammunitions, flammable liquids, and scissors in your carry on luggage.
We hope that the reviews of the best carry-on luggage pieces on our page have helped you to answer all of these questions. Whether you are a man or women, take a business trip or a casual one, we hope that you are able to find the perfect piece of luggage to meet your needs. Should you need anything more from us however, please contact us and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. Safe and happy travels!